Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Triple Threat Blog Hop




Hoppy Wednesday web travelers and welcome to my little nook of the world. I got to play with all these fabulous products. As I have not done a scrapbook page in quite some time I opted to dabble in my rusty paper crafting roots. I think I remembered why I strayed from scrapbooking...I always feel such a responsibility to say the perfect thing and have everything perfect, it is for others to see for generations to come therefore a great responsibility to get it right! Sometimes I think to much about these things.

So we move on to the project this strapping mustache wearing man is my dad. He was quite a traveler back in the day. I gave him a destinations peg board made of DCWV cork sheets. Layered circle maps, license plates, tickets, corrugated board and cork all at different levels.

Don't forget
The prize pack:

  • a stack from DCWV
  • a spool of ribbon from May Arts
  • Xtreme Adhesive, Power Tabs, Removable Adhesive and Fastener Tabs from Tombow
3 prize packs up for grabs, to win comment on each blog & like our Facebook pages. 




May Arts:
3/8 -inch Velvet Woven Ribbon - PV35 pewter
2 Millimeter Baker’s Twine Ribbon- 412-10 red

DCWV:
 The Corrugated Neutrals Stack, 6x6 Premium Stack
Cork Solids Stack, 12x12 Brights
Vintage Lane Stack, 12x12 printed cardstock

Xtreme Adhesive
 Tombow:
Tombow Xtreme Adhesive (my fav for ribbon!)
Tombow Foam Tabs
Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue

OTHER:
circle punches
mini silver brads

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your journey!
Foam Tabs
Xtreme Adhesive



Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday



Thursday

Friday



Foam Tabs


38 comments:

  1. Really COOL page Jennifer!!!
    I feel your pain on the overthinking front - I struggle with it big time too, the important thing to remember is that every page you create is preserving special memories for your family now and future generations too :) Aside from that, I think the design of you page is fabulous, the torn cork & the blue at the top of the page make the photo POP and twine linking the maps is fun too. THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your Dad would be proud of you; your layout is awesome! Love all the cork texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the layout and the binders twine accenting the picture and the circles. great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I've done something like this before. Great minds think alike...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cork, the twine, the circles, the whole design !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of cork and twine. Love your design, it's a great idea for places a busy Dad (or hubby,or child) has gone. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your design... i would love t use that idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute layout. I like your idea with the circles and twine. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your layout! Great way to show some of your Dad's travels! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun layout with your
    dad and his travels.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout. Very different. Love the twine going to the spots on the map and all of the other little circles around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative layout, love the cork.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like what you did with your LO!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun look! I just love twine and all the creative ways it can be used.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cool that you had this old photo to scrap! Love the twine pointing out different elements, and I've decided I need some cork to add some more texture to my pages. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a nice way to honor your dad. Love using cork sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  17. great layout and nice pic. Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your layout is great -- what a nice way to remind you of your Dads travels. Like the use of cork. Its so nice to look back at good family memories. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job creating a manly layout....not always an easy thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome layout! I love the colors and cut out circles. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How unique! Love all the circles and twine, and of course, the cork! Great photo, too! Thanks for sharing another idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a creative project! All the circle punches are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good idea. very different layout. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very creative and different. Nice

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a fun layout!i love the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love how the twine tied in (no pun intended) all the circles on the LO!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cute layout, love the cork to add texture and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the way you used the baker's twine to tie to each photo. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a superb layout! I love the circles and your cool twine treatment! Wonderful job, tfs!

    ReplyDelete